Every Young Woman's Battle
Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World
Shannon Ethridge & Stephen Arterburn
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Guys Aren’t the Only Ones Fighting a Battle for Purity.
The world you live in promotes sex as the answer to just about everything. The pressure to go along with the crowd is greater than ever before, and it’s easy to compromise in little ways that are a lot more harmful than they seem. You and your friends may become caught up in destructive relationships or sexual activities without even knowing how you got there. You just want to be normal–to fit in, to be liked, to look attractive to the opposite sex. But are you paying too high a price?
This counterpart to the award-winning Every Young Man’s Battle can help you:
· learn how the sexual battle begins in your heart and mind
· understand your hunger for attention from guys
· recognize and avoid the potential pitfalls awaiting young women on the journey toward adulthood and possibly marriage
· find out how the media, novels, fashion, internet chat rooms, and body and beauty obsessions influence your sexual choices–and what you can do about it
· guard your mind, heart, and body against sexual and emotional compromise
· develop a deeper, more satisfying level of intimacy with God
Whether you have so far protected yourself emotionally and sexually, feel that you’ve been robbed of your purity, or have given in to temptation in some way, this book can help you achieve or reclaim sexual integrity. It can also guide you through the temptations and pressures of young adulthood while demonstrating how you can live your life to the fullest–without regrets.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Really couldn't find a book better on the subject. While the author(s) are quite straightforward it isn't anything a young woman couldn't handle, it fact it is very useful, wise, and godly in ways that she, Shannon, gives to those who read this book. I have learned much from this book and it is one I would like to give my daughter someday. Overall, beautifully written, easy to understand and take in.
Very good book!
Very good! It's ideal for female youth searching for support and a defense against premarital sex. After reading this, I am encouraged more than ever to stay not only sexually, but mentally,and emotionally pure. Thanks!
This book helped me through very tough times. There were things I didn't know about girls of what they did and I wasn't alone. This book is life changing. I would read it again and again.
- Category: Religion
- Published: Jul 20, 2004
- Publisher: The Crown Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 304 Pages
- Language: English