Make Showstopping Desserts from Store-Bought Ingredients
Rick Reichart & Sasha Reichart
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Wanted: Must love candy, cookies, frosting, and fun. No experience required!
This special iBooks Author version of Extreme Cakeovers invites you to:
- See step-by-step photos of one of the cake projects
- Connect to the Extreme Cakeovers Twitter feed, and Tweet back from your kitchen
- Shop quickly with aggregated shopping lists across multiple recipes, which you can e-mail to yourself
- Find resources for candies and tools through links to online retailers
- View recipe headnotes, tips, and variations in pop-up windows
Make over any purchased sheet cake or frozen pound cake into a stunning creation that looks like it came from a fancy bakery—no special skills or equipment necessary! Even if you’ve never tried to decorate a cake before, with a good supply of candies and other store-bought treats and the detailed instructions in Extreme Cakeovers, you’ll be able to accomplish forty unique designs. You can:
- Fashion robot hands from chocolate-covered doughnuts
- Make Fruit Roll-ups blossom into a bouquet of red roses
- Roll Rice Krispies Treats and Swedish Fish into realistic sushi
- String a pretty strand of gumball pearls
- Create a train smokestack from an ice cream cone and marshmallow
Including tips and designs to please everyone from five to one hundred, Extreme Cakeovers is a whimsical guide to crafting cakes that will be the centerpiece of any occasion, from kids’ birthdays to Halloween, Father’s Day to Valentine’s Day, engagement parties to retirement gatherings.