Make Showstopping Desserts from Store-Bought Ingredients
Rick Reichart & Sasha Reichart
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Wanted: Must love candy, cookies, frosting, and fun. No experience required!
This special iBooks Author version of Extreme Cakeovers invites you to:
- See step-by-step photos of one of the cake projects
- Connect to the Extreme Cakeovers Twitter feed, and Tweet back from your kitchen
- Shop quickly with aggregated shopping lists across multiple recipes, which you can e-mail to yourself
- Find resources for candies and tools through links to online retailers
- View recipe headnotes, tips, and variations in pop-up windows
Make over any purchased sheet cake or frozen pound cake into a stunning creation that looks like it came from a fancy bakery—no special skills or equipment necessary! Even if you’ve never tried to decorate a cake before, with a good supply of candies and other store-bought treats and the detailed instructions in Extreme Cakeovers, you’ll be able to accomplish forty unique designs. You can:
- Fashion robot hands from chocolate-covered doughnuts
- Make Fruit Roll-ups blossom into a bouquet of red roses
- Roll Rice Krispies Treats and Swedish Fish into realistic sushi
- String a pretty strand of gumball pearls
- Create a train smokestack from an ice cream cone and marshmallow
Including tips and designs to please everyone from five to one hundred, Extreme Cakeovers is a whimsical guide to crafting cakes that will be the centerpiece of any occasion, from kids’ birthdays to Halloween, Father’s Day to Valentine’s Day, engagement parties to retirement gatherings.