Facing Inner Challenges
Book 3, Adventure Athletes Series by High Noon Books - Adventure Athletes Series
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Each Adventure Athletes book in this series features four, fast-paced biographies of men and women, who took up challenges that tested their endurance and spirit. Readers will be inspired by each athlete's courage and commitment as they go against harsh weather, rough seas, high altitudes, and most of all, their own inner doubts, in order to reach their potential. Some of the stories in this series include:
• mountain-climbers stranded at 19,000 feet
• two adventurers crossing the oceans...in rowboats
• a man who challenges Death Valley, and wins
• a footrace across America from California to New Jersey
• a ski jump off Half Dome
Each book in this easy-reading series consists of one story that features the most common 1000 words in the English language. Each of the five stories are meant to subtly reinforce commonly used vocabulary through single plot stories that feature natural dialogue. Their mature look makes them ideal for use as reading practice for struggling readers ages 11 to 18 and up.
- Level: Grades 6-17
- Category: Fiction & Literature
- Published: Jan 01, 2007
- Publisher: High Noon Books
- Seller: Academic Therapy Publications, Inc.
- Print Length: 64 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: Book 3, Adventure Athletes Series by High Noon Books