An Atheist Manifesto for a Religious World
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Fighting God is a firebrand manifesto from one of the most recognizable faces of atheism. In his book, Silverman-a walking, talking atheist billboard known for his appearances on Fox News-discusses the effectiveness, ethics and impact of the in-your-face-atheist who refuses to be silent.
Silverman argues that religion is more than just wrong: it is malevolent and does not deserve our respect. It is our duty to be outspoken and do what we can to bring religion down. Examining the mentality, methods and issues facing the firebrand atheist, Silverman presents an overwhelming argument for firebrand atheism and reveals:
- All religion is cafeteria religion and almost all agnostics are atheists.
- American society grants religion a privileged status, despite the intentions of the Founding Fathers.
- Christian politicians have adversely (and un-Constitutionally) affected our society with regard to science, health, women's rights, and gay rights.
- The notion of "atheist Jews" is a lie forced on us by religion.
- It is not "Islamophobia" to observe dangerous teachings and disproportionate violence in Islam.
- Atheists are slowly but surely winning the battle.
Fighting God is a provocative, unapologetic book that takes religion to task and will give inspiration to non-believers and serve as the ultimate answer to apologists.
An excellent book with plenty of facts
An easy book to understand, and full of facts and reasons why the fight against the lie of religion is just and beneficial to ALL people. It cites plenty of real-world examples as to all the harm organized religions and the politicians have, and continue to cause our country.
Also, this book is not written as a tool to convert the hardcore believer. Rather, it is written to help give exposure and help out the millions of Americans who have doubt in the existence of a higher power. People who feel pressured by family, friends, and society to claim a religious affiliation should definitely pick up this book, it'll will help show you are not alone.
- Category: Religion & Spirituality
- Published: Dec 01, 2015
- Publisher: St. Martin's Press
- Seller: Macmillan
- Print Length: 304 Pages
- Language: English