First Responder Supervisor Guide
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
This book is for all first responders (law enforcement, fire, or other emergency personnel) who are or want to be supervisors in their agencies. It goes through all facets of being a good supervisor.
Being a supervisor in any occupation is seldom easy and quite often frustrating. Being a supervisor in a first responder agency is hardly ever easy and too often it is downright frustrating.
What is this book about?
My goals for you with this book are:
1. To help you to understand what leadership is all about
2. To help you to lead those who are under your care
3. To help you to motivate those under you
Those first three goals are basically about being a supervisor in routine situations. The following goals pertain to being a supervisor in crisis situations both individual and group
4. To learn or review the process of preparing for and conducting crisis management
5. To learn about how you and your personnel can initiate a suicide awareness program at your agency
6. To learn what to look for in suicidal behavior
7. To learn how to help a suicidal person
If even one of those goals is met, then I will feel that you and I have been successful and possibly lives have been saved in the process.
- Category: Careers
- Published: Jun 18, 2016
- Publisher: Trennis E. Killian
- Seller: Smashwords, Inc.
- Print Length: 192 Pages
- Language: English