FreeBSD Mastery: Advanced ZFS
Michael W. Lucas
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
ZFS improves everything about systems administration. Once you peek under the hood, though, ZFS’ bewildering array of knobs and tunables can overwhelm anyone. ZFS experts can make their servers zing—and now you can, too, with FreeBSD Mastery: Advanced ZFS.
This small book teaches you to:
• Use boot environments to make the riskiest sysadmin tasks boring
• Delegate filesystem privileges to users
• Containerize ZFS datasets with jails
• Quickly and efficiently replicate data between machines
• split layers off of mirrors
• optimize ZFS block storage
• handle large storage arrays
• select caching strategies to improve performance
• manage next-generation storage hardware
• identify and remove bottlenecks
• build screaming fast database storage
• dive deep into pools, metaslabs, and more!
Whether you manage a single small server or international datacenters, simplify your storage with FreeBSD Mastery: Advanced ZFS.