FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials
Michael W. Lucas
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
FreeBSD is one of the oldest and most featureful open-source Unix-like operating systems. FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials takes you on a deep dive into FreeBSD’s disk management systems.
You’ll learn about:
* identifying your storage hardware
* the Common Access Method
* GEOM–FreeBSD’s powerful and flexible stackable storage system
* GUID Partition Tables, the modern disk partitioning standard
* MBR/disklabel partitioning, used by older and embedded systems
* avoiding common partitioning errors
* aligning partitions to the physical disk, for peak performance
* the high-performance Unix File System
* tuning UFS to fit your environment and load
* Two ways to journal filesystems, and when to use each
* The GELI and GBDE disk encryption systems, and when to use each
* Software-based disk mirroring, striping, RAID-5 and RAID-10.
* Custom FreeBSD installs
Don’t just configure your storage. Understand it. Get FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials today!
- Category: System Administration
- Published: Nov 23, 2014
- Publisher: Tilted Windmill PRESS
- Seller: Tilted Windmill Press LLC
- Print Length: 240 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: IT Mastery