Friggin' Bean Counters
Navigating the BS infested cubicles of the Accounting department
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Information technology and accounting have developed interdependently. From ancient Mesopotamia to the global economy, business growth has depended on accurate information gathered and reported in a timely fashion. So why do so many accounting IT projects fall victim to misunderstanding, miscommunication and sibling rivalry?
This is the essential guide for IT and project management professionals who struggle to give auditors and accounting departments what they want. Learn how to talk the talk, walk the walk and make the friggin’ bean counters happy while completing your project on time and on budget.
IT and project management professionals will learn how to:
• Understand the regulatory and accounting requirements within the company
• Implement systems and controls that satisfy such crucial regulations as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the European Union Data Protection Directive
• Improve IT project success rates by ensuring that new applications can be properly controlled and documented
• Overcome project-killing objections like “We can’t do that, because Sarbanes-Oxley does not allow it.”
• Reduce the risk of financial statement fraud by building a solid partnership between the IT and accounting departments.