Frontier Towns On the Mekong
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This ebook is for the modern traveler – the bold, the brave, and those that want to use technology for new insights.
Our quirky Frontier Town (Nakhon Phanom) is the perfect place to use as a base for adventure, research, exploration, chill-out and more:
* The most spectacular river-caves in the world are across the Mekong in Laos
* Ancient stone walls (equal to those in Angkor Wat) can be found meandering the Mekong
* Relics of the Buddha are enshrined in many of the Khmer-style temples throughout the region
* The Rua-Fai-Festival to honour the Naga-spirit is awesome, and the means for making these candle-lit boats remains unchanged for centuries
* Chill-out could be a day (or days) wandering among Mom & Pop restaurants providing deliciously healthy food, in unforgettable ambiance – and the modest costs will also surprise you
* Beautiful pictures to enhance each subject.
This part of Thailand, Isaan, remains remote. The formidable power of iPads/eReaders harness the technology, and Frontier Towns provides the information, so that visitors can enjoy unique and unforgettable days in Frontier Towns on the Mekong.