Gone, But Not Forgotten
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
· In Portland, Oregon, the wives of several prominent businessmen have disappeared without a trace, leaving behind only a black rose and a note with a simple message: “Gone, But Not Forgotten.”
· An identical series of disappearances occurred in Hunter’s Point, New York, ten years ago—but the killer was caught, the case was closed and the special “rose killer” task force was disbanded.
· Betsy Tannenbaum, a Portland wife and mother who has gained national recognition as a feminist defense attorney, is retained by multimillionaire Portland developer Martin Darius—for no apparent reason.
· Nancy Gordon, a homicide detective for the Hunter’s Point Police Department and an original member of the “rose killer” task force, hasn’t slept a full night in ten years, haunted by nightmares of a sadistic killer who, she swears, is still out there. . .
· Alan Page, the Portland district attorney, trying to make sense of the sudden series of disappearances, opens his front door one evening to find Nancy Gordon on his doorstep—determined to tell him a story he won’t soon forget.
· Across the country, in Washington, D.C., the President of the United States has just selected United States Senator Raymond Colby to be the next Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. In a private meeting, Colby assures the President there are no skeletons in his closet.
Complex, utterly compelling, and brilliantly executed, GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN is a book that truly lives up to its extraordinary advance praise: Once begun it simply cannot be put down.
One of my favorites
This is the third time I’ve read Gone But Not Forgotten and I love it more each time. It is so original and a classic. I recommend it to everyone.
Full of suspense!
This book came to me in a box from my late uncle. What a gift. Had me guessing right to the end. I couldn’t put it down. I shut myself off to the world read it straight through.