Grammar Girl's 101 Misused Words You'll Never Confuse Again
Quick & Dirty Tips
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Millions of people around the world communicate better thanks to Mignon Fogarty, aka Grammar Girl, whose top-rated weekly grammar podcast has been downloaded more than 30 million times. After realizing her fans were asking the same questions over and over, Mignon decided to focus her attention on those words that continuously confound the masses. In Grammar Girl's 101 Misused Words You'll Never Confuse Again, you'll learn:
- When you should use affect and when effect is right- Whether you should you say purposely or purposefully- The difference between hilarious and hystericalPacked with clear explanations, fun quotations showing the word used in context, and the quick and dirty memory tricks Mignon is known for, this friendly reference guide ends the confusion once and for all and helps you speak and write with confidence.
A Must for Writers!
Whether you're a writer of postcards or a writer of novels you will find this book invaluable. This is a great companion to Ms Fogarty's Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing. So happy they're available on iBook!
Other Books in This Series
- Smart Talk
- Category: Words & Language
- Published: Jul 05, 2011
- Publisher: St. Martin's Press
- Seller: Macmillan / Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC
- Print Length: 128 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: Quick & Dirty Tips