A Graphic Guide to Writing SMART as Hell Goals
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
A Graphic Guide to Writing SMART as Hell Goals follows Mickey, a new employee, on his journey from SMART to SMART as Hell. In this fast paced comic book by award-winning author Glenn Hughes, you'll watch Mickey rebound from a failed meeting with his boss Amy, by getting clarity around his goals and actions.
Written for any one who writes or receives goals, Mickey's story will benefit employees, leaders, managers, trainers, teachers, coaches, and HR professionals. A Graphic Guide to Writing SMART as Hell Goals is packed with tools, tips, and techniques for driving action, alignment, and achievement.
On this journey, you'll learn to:
- Assess the effectiveness of a goal using the SMARTometer Lite
- Measure of quality of data using the Data Confidence Rubric
- Identify whether a goal is Aggressively S.E.T.
- Predict the intended and unintended consequences of a goal or action using the Ripple Map
- Brainstorm the ingredients of a goal using the SMARTsheet
- Create a SMART as Hell goal, using the SMARTstoryboard
Foreword by interactive learning guru Sivasailam 'Thiagi' Thiagarajan.
What they're saying:
"Glenn is especially strong at taking seemingly unconnected concepts and putting them together in such a way as to make something innovative and useful. He understands the need for tools that all of us can use."
- Jim Kirkpatrick, PhD, Kirkpatrick Partners, Co-author of Training on Trial, Evaluating Training Programs, and Implementing the Four Levels
"Glenn is a walking encyclopedia of the best thinking on management, leadership, and collaboration. Every manager and leader needs SMART as Hell. Like the great coach he is, Glenn prods, provokes action, entertains, and inspires."
- Edward Muzio, author, Make Work Great & Four Secrets to Liking Your Work
"The bottom line is that Glenn really is SMART as Hell. Now his genius is available for all to use. It's at your fingertips; it's within eyesight; and it's within hearing distance, depending on which format of this book you've gained access to."
- Brent Bloom, Vice-President, Applied Materials Inc.