Challenging the Assumptions of Conventional Health Care
Larry Malerba, D.O.
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
According to Dr. Larry Malerba, modern medicine has perfected the short-term technical repair of the physical body at the expense of the long-term psychological and spiritual well-being of the whole person. In Green Medicine he examines this issue and provides a realistic blueprint for wellness and a valuable guide for those seeking deeper and more lasting healing. Written in an accessible style, the book draws on a rich range of fields—physics, philosophy, Jungian thought, shamanism, alchemy, Eastern thought, Western esotericism, sustainability, orthodox medicine—to create a green medical paradigm that represents a powerful integrative medical perspective.
Dr. Malerba interweaves case histories from his own practice with innovative concepts from alternative and Western medicine in order to address a number of crucial questions:
• What are the personal and environmental costs to the overuse of pharmaceutical drugs?
• Is conventional medicine as scientific as it claims to be?
• How can conventional doctors and alternative healers begin to work together?
• How can individuals transform medicine and become participants in their own healthcare?
Green Medicine offers a practical and philosophical basis for building a viable green alternative that draws on the inherent unity of body, heart, mind, soul, and nature.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Published: Jun 29, 2010
- Publisher: North Atlantic Books
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 416 Pages
- Language: English