Guide to Sushi and Sake
(with travel section on Tokyo, Japan)
Approach Guides and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Food guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides explore local cuisines to help you discover new culinary experiences around the world. This Approach Guide was designed to serve as a valuable on-the-go resource for all of your sushi and sake experiences at home and abroad.
What’s in this guidebook:
* Quick reference sushi list. We describe the basic types of sushi and offer a quick reference list of over 65 of the most frequently encountered menu items, from ahi (yellowfin tuna) to warasa (wild yellowtail), each with a detailed description.
* Tuna primer. To help with your most important sushi choice of all, we profile the five primary tuna species and the basic sushi cuts (akami, chutoro and otoro).
* Japan tips. We provide the basics on sushi protocol in Japan. Further, for Tokyo-bound travelers, we include tips and a map for touring its world-famous Tsukiji fish market.
* A sake guide. Finally, as no sushi meal is complete without its perfect accompaniment, we have also included a guide to Japanese sake that will help you make more informed choices.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation on your mobile device; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and links are provided to the best online resources.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple's travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com - a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What's hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor's famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Regional & Ethnic
- Published: Dec 29, 2016
- Publisher: Www.approachguides.com
- Seller: Approach Guides LLC (Books)
- Print Length: 46 Pages
- Language: English