Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
Marc Weissbluth, M.D.
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
One of the country's leading researchers updates his revolutionary approach to solving--and preventing--your children's sleep problems
Here Dr. Marc Weissbluth, a distinguished pediatrician and father of four, offers his groundbreaking program to ensure the best sleep for your child. In Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, he explains with authority and reassurance his step-by-step regime for instituting beneficial habits within the framework of your child's natural sleep cycles. This valuable sourcebook contains brand new research that
- Pinpoints the way daytime sleep differs from night sleep and why both are important to your child
- Helps you cope with and stop the crybaby syndrome, nightmares, bedwetting, and more
- Analyzes ways to get your baby to fall asleep according to his internal clock--naturally
- Reveals the common mistakes parents make to get their children to sleep--including the inclination to rock and feed
- Explores the different sleep cycle needs for different temperaments--from quiet babies to hyperactive toddlers
- Emphasizes the significance of a nap schedule
Rest is vital to your child's health growth and development. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child outlines proven strategies that ensure good, healthy sleep for every age. Advises parents dealing with teenagers and their unique sleep problems
This book saved my sanity!!!
I whole heartedly reference this book to parents! My son was SO cranky and we tried everything, but it turns out he just needed a stricter sleep schedule! A must read for ALL parents of small children!!!
I was given this book before I had my first child and it was a godsend. I read it before he was born and used it as a reference after. My son was a great sleeper around 4-5 months old and still is. He is 2 now and he has NEVER given me a problem :)
I was given this book before my 3 year old was born. I followed the book to a tee and it worked like clockwork. It was amazing. He slept through the night at 7 weeks and literally would not cry a tear for days at a time. I had to be strict with myself and make sure that I was home for nap and bed times, but boy was it worth it. People may have thought that I was crazy, but my son was an angel. He's 3 now and still sleeps like a champ. I've never had to rock him to sleep and he has never thrown a fit at bed time. I have a 2 week old now, and plan on starting these sleep methods at about 6 weeks of age. Buy this book for yourself and anyone that is having a baby!!!!
- Category: Parenting
- Published: Jun 12, 1987
- Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
- Seller: Random House, LLC
- Print Length: 528 Pages
- Language: English