The Heart and Hands of Leadership
The Twelve Timeless Practices of Effective Leaders
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
A practical, powerful guide to twelve timeless and essential leadership practices that produce strong, dedicated teams. Great leadership is timeless. It starts with the right heart and demands skillful, well-trained hands. In The Heart and Hands of Leadership, Dan Gaynor, former president and publisher at the Calgary Herald and now a leading teacher and coach, shares a lifetime of leadership experience honed through a career that includes three integrations and several team-building transformations.
Part One examines the heart of leadership: leadership characteristics, motivations, and the power of relationships. Part Two unveils twelve timeless practices leaders can put to work immediately to build stronger, more dedicated, more effective teams.
Each chapter includes discussion questions, ideal for self-reflection or group study. You’ll discover:
• The five conditions of healthy leader-follower relationships
• Key differences between management and leadership
• How effective leaders shape a healthy, high-performance work culture
• Methods to develop powerful feedback, communication, and coaching habits
• How to hire the right people the first time
• Steps for instilling accountability in your organization