Hiking the Wonderland Trail
The Complete Guide to Mount Rainier's Premier Trail
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Washington State's famed Wonderland Trail is a spectacular 93-mile route that circumnavigates Mount Rainier, challenging hikers with its strenuous 22,000 feet of cumulative elevation gain and loss. Hiking the Wonderland Trail: The Complete Guide to Mount Rainier's Premier Trail is an authoritative guidebook penned by Washington native Tami Asars, a professional instructor on hiking the trail, a third-generation hiker of the Cascade mountains, and seven-time hiker of the entire Wonderland Trail. In this guide Asars draws on her experience, covering these essentials:
* How to work with the Wonderland Trail permit reservation system, and when to apply
* Recommended gear--with a checklist--and ways to reduce pack weight, prevent blisters, and stay warm and dry
* How to pack the perfect backpack
* Food and fuel caching on the Wonderland, tips and instruction
* Detailed camp-to-camp route descriptions and suggested itineraries
* How to extend your adventures with the Northern Loop Trail and the Eastside Trail
Over the years, Asars has taken extensive notes that she shares at workshops and in the field. Hiking the Wonderland Trail distills her boot-tested knowledge so that everyone can enjoy the magic of Mount Rainier's premier trail.