IBM z14 Technical Introduction
Bill White and Others
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This IBM® Redbooks® publication introduces the latest IBM Z platform, the IBM z14®. It includes information about the Z environment and how it helps integrate data and transactions more securely, and can infuse insight for faster and more accurate business decisions.
The z14 is state-of-the-art data and transaction system that delivers advanced capabilities, which are vital to the digital era and the trust economy. These capabilities include:
- Securing data with pervasive encryption
- Transforming a transactional platform into a data powerhouse
- Getting more out of the platform with IT Operational Analytics
- Providing resilience with key to zero downtime
- Accelerating digital transformation with agile service delivery
- Revolutionizing business processes
- Blending open source and Z technologies
This book explains how this system uses both new innovations and traditional Z strengths to satisfy growing demand for cloud, analytics, and security. With the z14 as the base, applications can run in a trusted, reliable, and secure environment that both improves operations and lessens business risk.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Computers
- Published: Aug 22, 2017
- Publisher: IBM Redbooks
- Seller: International Business Machines Corp
- Print Length: 112 Pages
- Language: English