What's Your Message?
Public Speaking with Twice the Impact, Using Half the Effort
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
"Finally, a book on public speaking that's worth reading (and using).”
- SETH GODIN, Author, Tribes
"Congratulations Cam. Wonderful stories, delivered well. I wish you every success.”
- JACK WELCH, former CEO of GE and author of 'Winning'
The end of Public Speaking as we know it! This revolutionary method shows you how to think clearly, manage anxiety and speak persuasively. It helps you bring your ideas to life with:
A simpler way to control nerves.
A simpler way to structure your ideas.
A simpler way to engage your audience with natural delivery skills.
Remove the obstacles to success and become a relaxed, credible and persuasive speaker.
The key measure of success for a business presentation is not your style. It's not your pretty slides. It's not whether you say 'um'. And it's not the colour of your tie. It's the clarity and recall of your message.
There are 3 things that make a great speech:
3. Connection with the audience
This book shows you how to master all three, and dissolve your public speaking anxiety - effortlessly.
“I knew what I wanted to say. Cam refocused me on how to say it in a way that cut straight to the heart. That made all the difference. This man knows what he’s doing.”
- Andrew Denton, Journalist and Media Personality
"Cam Barber’s readable book on public speaking offers a practical perspective on how to think about defining and presenting the messages that are important to your audiences."
- Rita Gunther McGrath, Professor at Columbia Business School
“Cam gives you a philosophy that frees you to be yourself and simple tools to structure your ideas so you engage your audience.”
- Verne Harnish, CEO of Gazelles and author of Scaling Up (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
"Cam has helped us enormously in getting our ideas across."
- Alastair Clarkson, 4-time premiership Coach, Hawthorn Football Club.
"It's refreshing to read a public speaking book that focuses on the message rather than the techniques. Every speaker-to-be should read 'What's Your Message' before getting in front of an audience."
-Al Ries, Author of 'War In The Boardroom' and 'Positioning'.
"Cam is the Magic Man! He has an amazing ability to distill complex ideas into simple, practical steps."
- Jules Lund, Radio and TV Personality.
"Great book. Thank you for your fresh approach Cam."
- Janine Allis, Founder and CEO, Boost Juice.
”This is an outstanding book. The core premise certainly worked for me, and I believe you have nailed it for people making major presentations.”
- Paul Thompson, founder of both Austereo and DMG (now Nova Entertainment)
“The Vivid Method has helped me to bring order to the world of information chaos - in the media, at the lectern and the board table. The secret to confident and powerful delivery skills is clarity. Read the book!”
- Mark Evans, AFL football operations manager
"Cam Barber has written a remarkable book on communication and I
think it should be required reading for everyone who manages, sells or speaks
for a living."
- Roger Dawson, Author of Secrets of Power Negotiating.
“Yes, the world really did need another book on presentation skills. The interesting question is whether the world still needs any of the previous books on the topic. This book is important."
- Steve Marx, author of ‘Close like the Pros’. Founder of The Center for Sales Strategy.