Illustrative Cases in Medical Mycology
Cara Homes and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
How to use this book
This book has been developed as an interactive learning platform for the University of Manchester MSc in Medical Mycology course. However, this book is a good practical resource for anyone aiming to develop their skills in Medical Mycology. Key features of this book include:
• Hyperlinks to further resources - these are highlighted in purple. By tapping on purple text you can explore these links.
• Interactive images - tapping on an image it will cause either cause it to expand, reveal further text and animation, or play a video. Any image that reveals more information will be labeled with a ‘tap for more information’ caption. Some images within the book require you to use your finger to scroll down to reveal further text below the image. These are labelled with ‘scroll for more information’.
• Glossary - any terms that are defined in the glossary are highlighted in bold when they first appear in the book. By tapping on these terms the definition will appear in a box above or below the text.
• Highlighting and note-taking - use a finger to swipe over any text to highlight it. You can tap a highlighted section and a palette appears allowing you to change colours, switch to underlining, or add a note instantly. Then by switching to the ‘Notes view’ you can see all your notes and highlights organized in one place. From here you can search for, or go back to the highlighted sections of the book.
• Study cards - all your notes and highlights automatically appear on study cards. Tap on them to flip them over, revealing the definition of a glossary term or the note attached to the highlighted passage.