The Baby Decision: How to Make the Most Important Choice of Your Life
Merle Bombardieri, MSW, LICSW
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
FROM CONFUSION TO CONFIDENCE IN FIVE STEPS
SECOND EDITION COMPLETELY REVISED AND UPDATED
The Baby Decision is a clear, compassionate guide to making a parenting or childfree decision with confidence. Many women of childbearing age and their partners find it hard to make this life-changing decision. Without a crystal ball, what can you do? Some women say “I like the idea of motherhood, but how do I know I’d really enjoy it? What will happen to my job, my relationship, my sanity?” Or they say, “I’m leaning toward being childfree, but will I be sorry later?”
Merle Bombardieri, MSW, LICSW has been helping people make this decision for over thirty years in her therapy and coaching practice and in her Baby Decision Workshops. With a depth that only a psychotherapist can provide, she shows you strategies for dealing with doubt and ambivalence and uncovering your deepest self-knowledge. Through anecdotes, exercises, guidelines, and checklists, she leads you to your best possible choice.
Imagine the relief of finally cutting through the tangled vines of pros and cons and seeing a clear decision emerge. Merle helps you not only to make a decision but to use it as an opportunity for you and your relationship to grow.
You will learn how to:
• Use dozens of “Secret Doors” exercises to uncover hidden feelings and wisdom.
• Separate your own needs and preferences from societal myths and expectations.
• Give full consideration to the rewards and opportunities of living childfree.
• Talk constructively with your partner even if you disagree.
• Manage work-life balance and keep your relationship strong.
• Make decisions about one-child families, single and gay parenting, fertility and adoption.
• Borrow some of the benefits of the other choice.
You will also learn how to trust your decision and make the most of it.
• Includes resources and bibliography.
• Bonus section: Preparing your body for a healthy pregnancy.
"The Baby Decision" Parenthood Decision Making Workshops
October 30, 2016 Cambridge Center for Adult Education (ccae.org)