This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Acute chest pain. Acute heart failure. Cardiac arrest. Tachycardia. Syncope.
If you take care of patients in an emergency department or some other "on-demand" facility, you have to be ready to identify and correctly treat cardiovascular emergencies any time -- every time -- they present.
SO ARE YOU READY?
Learn now from the very best cardiovascular emergency medicine experts in the United States. Every one of the 21 chapters focuses on initial approach and evidence-based treatment -- all the info you need right away.
Read this book and you WILL save lives.
Published by the world's largest emergency medicine organization, the American College of Emergency Physicians, Cardiovascular Emergencies facilitates the efficient and cutting-edge delivery of care to patients who present with acute cardiovascular conditions. This book teaches you the essentials of diagnosing and managing cardiovascular disorders from the experts. Each of the 21 chapters focuses on an issue of critical importance in the care of patients with cardiovascular emergencies— emergencies that can present in any ED on any day in any community.
Cardiovascular Emergencies, which includes hundreds of images, figures, and tables, and key points that you will use every time you treat a patient, brings together highly respected emergency physician educators to teach the essentials of diagnosing and managing cardiovascular disorders.
• Approach to Acute Chest Pain
• The ECG in the Evaluation and Management of ACS
• Biomarkers and Imaging
• Bedside Ultrasound for Emergency Cardiovascular Disorders
• Modern Treatment of STEMI and NSTEMI
• Cardiogenic Shock
• Acute Heart Failure
• Narrow Complex Tachycardia
• Wide Complex Tachycardia
• Modern Management of Cardiac Arrest
• Post-Cardiac Arrest Syndrome
• Pericarditis, Myocarditis, and Endocarditis
• Hypertensive Emergencies and Elevated Blood Pressure
• Cardiac Disease in Special Populations: HIV, Pregnancy, and Cancer
• Special Populations: Pulmonary Hypertension and Cardiac Transplant
• Pharmacologic Approach to Emergency Cardia Patient
• Complications of Implanted Cardiac Devices
• Use of Emergency Department Observation Units for Cardiac Patients
• Reducing the Risk of Malpractice
“To my knowledge, Cardiovascular Emergencies is the first book written by emergency physicians for emergency physicians that covers the broad spectrum of information needed to comprehensively manage acute cardiovascular emergencies.”- Doug Franzen, Annals of Emergency Medicine
Book with rich info
This book gives a detailed information on cardiological medical information.
- Category: Medical
- Published: Aug 10, 2017
- Publisher: American College of Emergency Physicians
- Seller: American College of Emergency Physicians
- Print Length: 322 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 3.1