Emergency Department Resuscitation of the Critically Ill, 2nd Edition
A Crash Course in Critical Care!
Michael E. Winters
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
A Crash Course in Critical Care!
Stabilize, treat, and save your sickest patients – in the ED or the field – with ACEP’s ultimate resuscitation guide. Packed with succinct evidence-based chapters written by the nation’s foremost authorities.
The second edition emphasizes:
• ECMO, sepsis, neuro, critical care, pulmonary hypertension, crashing obese patient, neonatal
• The addition of many new flow diagrams and diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• In-depth, up-to-date descriptions of the unique presentation, differential diagnosis, and management of specific critical illnesses
The ability to manage critically ill patients is perhaps the defining skill of emergency physicians. Whether performing rapid sequence intubation, initiating and adjusting mechanical ventilation, titrating vasoactive medications, administering intravenous fluids, or initiating extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, emergency clinicians must be at their best in these high-octane scenarios, during which lives can be saved—or lost.
Emergency Department Resuscitation of the Critically Ill focuses on caring for the sickest of the sick: the unstable patient with undifferentiated shock; the crashing ventilated patient; the decompensating patient with pulmonary hypertension or septic shock; the crashing obese patient; or the hypotensive patient with a left ventricular assist device. You’ll also find imperative information about managing pediatric and neonatal resuscitation, intracerebral hemorrhage, and the difficult emergency delivery.
What physiological possibilities must you consider immediately? What steps should you take now to save the patient’s life? The country’s foremost emergency medicine experts tell you everything you need to know to deliver rapid, efficient, and appropriate critical care. Quite simply, this book will help you save lives.
What’s in it?
• Undifferentiated Shock
• The Difficult Airway
• The Crashing Ventilated Patient
• Fluid Management
• Cardiac Arrest Updates
• Postcardiac Arrest Management
• Deadly Arrhythmias
• Cardiogenic Shock
• Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
• Cardiac Tamponade
• Aortic Catastrophes
• Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock
• The Crashing Morbidly Obese Patient
• Pulmonary Hypertension
• Left Ventricular Assist Devices
• The Critically Ill Poisoned Patient
• The Crashing Trauma Patient
• Emergency Transfusions
• Intracerebral Hemorrhage
• Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
• The Crashing Anaphylaxis Patient
• Bedside Ultrasonography
• The Difficult Emergency Delivery
• Neonatal Resuscitation
• Pediatric Resuscitation
“The expert authors of this updated edition take a refined approach to critical care, providing even more pearls, summaries, and practical clinical information than in the highly regarded first iteration.”—Jeffrey Tabas, MD, FACEP
I went through Michael Winters’ Emergency Department of Resuscitation of the Critically Ill, 2nd Edition. Written by first hand medical experience, the book has lots of insights on pulmonary problems, emergency cases, and other medical issues. This is really a great book and is easy to follow with figures, images and tables. - Raju
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Published: May 01, 2017
- Publisher: American College of Emergency Physicians
- Seller: American College of Emergency Physicians
- Print Length: 282 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 3.1