Founder's Pocket Guide: Friends and Family Funding
Founder's Pocket Guide
Stephen R. Poland
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Raise startup capital quickly. Raising startup funding from friends and family is the number one resource startup founders engage to get their ventures off the ground. This guide details all of the common friends and family funding structures, including simple loans, profit sharing agreements, equity deals, and convertible notes.
Structure deals correctly. Getting the money in the bank is a big step, but doing it the right way matters even more. This book provides easy to follow guidance for choosing and documenting the best funding structures for both your startup and your funding partners. As an added bonus, a promissory loan example is provided, with blow by blow details of each clause.
Hone your Friends and Family pitch. Additional sections provide concise information to help you prepare a compelling funding pitch, as well as explaining how to document your estimations of the market and financial feasibility of your early-stage startup.
Startup Crash Course: Friends and Family Funding guides founders through topics such as:
• Structuring a simple startup loan with friends and family lenders.
• Using convertible debt to entice friends and family to invest in your startup.
• Learning the most important considerations for issuing stock to friends or family members.
• Understanding the legal limits of raising startup capital from friends and family.
• Keeping early funding rounds clean for later stage investors such as angels and VCs.
• Using profit sharing to rewarding friends and family investors for backing your startup.
Other Books in This Series
- Category: Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Published: Aug 12, 2016
- Publisher: 1x1 Media
- Seller: 1x1 Media
- Print Length: 51 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: Founder's Pocket Guide
- Version: 1.0