In a Perfect World
Interpersonal Skills for Life
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
In a perfect world, everyone would be good tempered, listen carefully and would consider the outcome before they spoke. We don’t live in a perfect world and most of us have not received coaching on how to communicate effectively, especially when interactions are difficult or conflicted. Today’s barrage of electronic communication can complicate how we understand each other.
Communication is a series of choices focused on what we say, and how we say it. It also includes what we don’t say. In a Perfect World takes you on a journey through the dynamics of effective communication, highlighting interpersonal skills and how to say things in a way that maximizes your chance of having successful interactions. It is full of good examples and wonderful stories.
This book will help you:
• Assert your own views when speaking with others
• Communicate to deepen your relationships
• Confront the negative behaviour of others
• Manage your emotions and resolve conflict
• Choose the right medium to send your message
• Explore manners, apologies and letting go of bad situations
• Apply ideas to your own situations through checklists and exercises
In a Perfect World is designed to help you reflect on your interpersonal skills and key relationships and encourage you to take the time and effort with those relationships that matter. We all have the opportunity during our time on earth to create our best and most perfect life.
Want to change things?