Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
Updated With New Material
Ina May Gaskin
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
What you need to know to have the best birth experience for you.
Drawing upon her thirty-plus years of experience, Ina May Gaskin, the nation’s leading midwife, shares the benefits and joys of natural childbirth by showing women how to trust in the ancient wisdom of their bodies for a healthy and fulfilling birthing experience. Based on the female-centered Midwifery Model of Care, Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth gives expectant mothers comprehensive information on everything from the all-important mind-body connection to how to give birth without technological intervention.
Filled with inspiring birth stories and practical advice, this invaluable resource includes:• Reducing the pain of labor without drugs--and the miraculous roles touch and massage play
• What really happens during labor
• Orgasmic birth--making birth pleasurable
• Episiotomy--is it really necessary?
• Common methods of inducing labor--and which to avoid at all costs
• Tips for maximizing your chances of an unmedicated labor and birth
• How to avoid postpartum bleeding--and depression
• The risks of anesthesia and cesareans--what your doctor
doesn’t necessarily tell you
• The best ways to work with doctors and/or birth care providers
• How to create a safe, comfortable environment for
birth in any setting, including a hospital
• And much more
Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth takes the fear out of childbirth by restoring women’s faith in their own natural power to give birth with more ease, less pain, and less medical intervention.
From Publishers Weekly
© Publishers Weekly
Trust your body!
I adore this book. It is one of the most powerful empowering books on normal childbirth. I recommend every woman expecting to read this book. I did and had an amazing natural labor with my son 4 months ago. I had the traditional American birth 11 years ago with my daughter and the second time all natural was so wonderful. I healed quicker and had a very alert happy baby. Awesome!
Where's part 1?
This book was not advertised as abridged or as providing only part 2 of two parts. Please deliver part 1 or return my money.
Part 1 is missing
The whole of part 1 is only birth stories but that's half the book. If your going to charge only $3 under the price of the paperback, I'd rather just have the pb version. It's much more in depth and the amazing birth stories aren't cut out.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Published: Mar 04, 2003
- Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 368 Pages
- Language: English