An Interactive Introduction To Macro And Close-Up Photography
Part Of The DSLR Fundamentals Series
Brent G. Betz
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
An Interactive Introduction To Macro & Close-Up Photography, part of the DSLR Fundamentals series, is an eBook for iPad written specifically for those interested in learning more about the basics of macro and close-up photography. The book uses a multi-touch interactive approach - including videos, diagrams, animations, calculators, and 3D modeling - to explain and teach a variety of concepts such as:
- Understanding the difference between macro and close-up photography
- Choosing dedicated macro equipment and learning how to use it
- Modifying existing equipment for macro and close-up photography using reversing rings, extension tubes, macro couplers, and diopters
- Creating on-camera, off-camera, and external lighting solutions
- Do-It-Yourself projects for creating a variety of reflectors and diffusers
- Learning an array of macro and close-up shooting techniques
- Mastering the fundamental issues of shooting macro and close-up, such as depth of field, natural and artificial lighting, proper exposure, subject and camera movement, and principles of light and shadow
- Employing elements of art and style for better bokeh, creative focus, unique perspective, inventive exposure, and proper composition
- Processing macro and close-up photographs using editing software
The volume also includes information and links to useful gadgets, equipment, graphics, and online communities relevant to macro and close-up photography.
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in a different genre of photography, or someone who has an interest in shooting close-ups, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful macro and close-up photos.
This interactive eBook version is for the Apple iPad only.
Love this book! Picked it up after reading DSLR Fundamentals for my iPhone. I had no idea there were so many inexpensive and creative ways to take macro and close-up photographs without having to buy a dedicated lens. The information on lighting (flash, reflectors, diffusing) is particularly helpful, since the method I've been trying is with a reversing ring. A great multimedia book for anyone wanting to start taking close-up shots.
- Category: Photography
- Published: Nov 07, 2012
- Publisher: Liberated Media, LLC
- Seller: Liberated Media, LLC
- Print Length: 146 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 1.0