An Interactive Introduction To Macro And Close-Up Photography
Part Of The DSLR Fundamentals Series
Brent G. Betz
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
An Interactive Introduction To Macro & Close-Up Photography, part of the DSLR Fundamentals series, is an eBook for iPad written specifically for those interested in learning more about the basics of macro and close-up photography. The book uses a multi-touch interactive approach - including videos, diagrams, animations, calculators, and 3D modeling - to explain and teach a variety of concepts such as:
- Understanding the difference between macro and close-up photography
- Choosing dedicated macro equipment and learning how to use it
- Modifying existing equipment for macro and close-up photography using reversing rings, extension tubes, macro couplers, and diopters
- Creating on-camera, off-camera, and external lighting solutions
- Do-It-Yourself projects for creating a variety of reflectors and diffusers
- Learning an array of macro and close-up shooting techniques
- Mastering the fundamental issues of shooting macro and close-up, such as depth of field, natural and artificial lighting, proper exposure, subject and camera movement, and principles of light and shadow
- Employing elements of art and style for better bokeh, creative focus, unique perspective, inventive exposure, and proper composition
- Processing macro and close-up photographs using editing software
The volume also includes information and links to useful gadgets, equipment, graphics, and online communities relevant to macro and close-up photography.
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in a different genre of photography, or someone who has an interest in shooting close-ups, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful macro and close-up photos.
This interactive eBook version is for the Apple iPad only.
Love this book! Picked it up after reading DSLR Fundamentals for my iPhone. I had no idea there were so many inexpensive and creative ways to take macro and close-up photographs without having to buy a dedicated lens. The information on lighting (flash, reflectors, diffusing) is particularly helpful, since the method I've been trying is with a reversing ring. A great multimedia book for anyone wanting to start taking close-up shots.
- Category: Photography
- Published: Nov 07, 2012
- Publisher: Liberated Media, LLC
- Seller: Liberated Media, LLC
- Print Length: 146 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 1.0