iPhone Basics In 30 Minutes
The unofficial guide to the iPhone, including setup, easy iOS tweaks, and exceptional apps
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
In 30 minutes, learn how to unlock the secrets of your iPhone! Whether you own an iPhone or are thinking about buying one, this guide will help you get the most out of the device and its powerful hardware, the iOS operating system, and the ever-expanding universe of iPhone apps. Written in plain English with a touch of humor and lots of screenshots, this iPhone manual covers basic features as well as hidden tricks and time-savers for the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus. Topics include:
* Setting up your new iPhone
* How to customize your iPhone’s appearance
* What you need to know if you are migrating from Android
* Touch screen basics
* 3D Touch, Peek, and Pop
* Managing your Home screens
* Switching apps and multitasking
* Typing and text tricks
* Siri and its kid brother, Dictation
* Getting the most out of the powerful iPhone camera
* Managing iCloud settings
* Security features, from Find My iPhone to Touch ID
* Wi-Fi and other wireless settings
* Four ways to conserve battery power
* Seven ways to free up storage space on your iPhone
* How to tame notifications and after-hours calls
* Moving, deleting, and grouping apps
* Nine exceptional apps for your iPhone
As its name suggests, iPhone Basics In 30 Minutes covers basic setup, simple customization steps, and tips on how to get the most out of your iPhone. It is not a comprehensive guide. Nevertheless, in a single reading you will discover new features and learn time-saving shortcuts that will enable you to see your iPhone in a whole new light. Buy the guide today!
iPhone Basics In 30 Minutes is authored by Ian Lamont, an award-winning technology journalist and the founder of i30 Media Corp. He has written for more than a dozen online and print publications, and was the managing editor of The Industry Standard. He has authored several In 30 Minutes guides, including Dropbox In 30 Minutes, Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes, Twitter In 30 Minutes, and Excel Basics In 30 Minutes.