Ken Burns's The Civil War Deluxe eBook (Enhanced Edition)
An Illustrated History
Geoffrey C. Ward and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This enhanced eBook has been optimized for reading on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Combining video and audio from Ken Burns’s beloved film with animated maps and hundreds of images—rare photographs as well as paintings, lithographs, and maps in full color—this deluxe eBook brings the Civil War to life in a new way.
The acclaimed, best-selling companion volume to the celebrated PBS series—the highest-rated series in the history of public television—has now been enhanced to create one of the richest eBook experiences available today. This new edition includes:
• Nearly an hour of video and audio from the original film. We get wonderful footage re-creating what life was like during the war, Shelby Foote’s peerless storytelling and analysis, and informed commentary from other prominent historians.
• Completely new and original animated maps of the three days at Gettysburg that make it easier than ever to follow this legendary and complicated battle.
• Hundreds of illustrations carefully placed to maximize the reading experience without impeding the narrative flow of the text.
As we mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, this deluxe eBook allows us to better understand and appreciate the greatest challenge our nation has ever faced.
SImple, but profound. As a high school history teacher, I will certainly highlight salient human aspects from this treasure chest of our horrific civil war. I especially find the insights from Shelby Foote vivid in making it "real". It seems like he experienced the war first-hand. Thank you to all involved.
Could not put it down.
They could have made it better
The book is great, but the "enhancements" made to the book could have been better. There are so much they can do to make this book really interesting instead of just a sound bit here, a video clip there, and a few maps that's broken up into two pieces. It's a bummer, especially the price the book commands. In comparison, I think the actual book is better than this enhanced edition.
- Category: United States
- Published: Jun 28, 2011
- Publisher: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Seller: Random House, LLC
- Print Length: 448 Pages
- Language: English