Knowsys Vocab Genius: 6
Knowsys Educational Services LLC.
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
The Knowsys Vocab Genius: 6 helps students master 300 of the top academic vocabulary words students should learn in the 6th grade. Knowsys divides the words into thematic categories like “place” (abroad, expanse, moor, and vicinity) and "danger" (captive, jeopardy, predicament, and woe). The words are separated into 30 groups of approximately 10 words per group.
* Build vocab fast by learning words in thematic groups
* Memorize student-friendly, easy-to-remember definitions
* Hear the words as often as you want with audio pronunciations
* Interact with activities: submit answers, receive immediate feedback, and try again
* Review old words while working on new: all activities are cumulative
Each of the 30 groups has multiple activities to provide plenty of practice and exposure:
* Word Challenge 1: matching, antonyms, synonyms, oddball identification, and parts of speech questions
* Word Challenge 2: scenarios, analogies, and true/false
* Narratives: fiction and expository passages for Reading Comprehension practice
* Sentence Completion Quiz: includes one-blank and two-blank questions
Students working through the Knowsys Vocab Genius: 6 will
1) learn key academic vocabulary terms from Grade 6,
2) reap benefits from practicing SAT-style vocab questions including the Sentence Completion questions and the Reading Comprehension vocab-in-context questions, and
3) improve their critical thinking skills by using deductive reasoning to answer the questions presented in the various vocabulary activities.
- Level: Sixth Grade
- Category: Language Arts & Disciplines
- Published: Jul 29, 2013
- Publisher: Knowsys Educational Services LLC.
- Seller: Knowsys Educational Services LLC
- Print Length: 211 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 1.0