Lasik: The Eye Laser Miracle
The Complete Guide to Better Vision
Andrew I. Caster, M.D.
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Now you can have normal vision all the time, thanks to excimer laser treatment–commonly known as PRK and LASIK–a painless procedure that takes less than five minutes. Dr. Andrew I. Caster, one of the leading physicians in the permanent correction of nearsightedness, astigmatism, and farsightedness, takes you through the entire process–including the experiences of patients who have undergone the procedure and their incredible joy at suddenly being able to see again.
• What are the differences between the PRK, LASIK, and RK procedures, and which is right for me?
• What are the most common side effects of excimer laser treatment?
• How do I judge whether a doctor is sufficiently qualified to perform excimer laser treatment?
• Will the procedure be painful?
• When can I fully resume normal daily activities such as driving and reading?
• Will eye laser treatment stop my eyes from getting worse?
• How well has the FDA monitored this technique?
• How many people have successfully undergone the procedure?
The Eye Laser Miracle is the guide for anyone who wants better vision.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
This book helped me to decide to go through with LASIK, without any more second thoughts. The author clearly describes the procedure and its pros and cons. If you're considering spending thousands to get your eyes fixed, it makes sense to pick up a good book like this for less than 20!