Last Supper Frescoes of Florence
Italy Art Travel Guide
Approach Guides and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
RECENTLY UPDATED! With more than 30 high-resolution images, maps and detailed site profiles, this is the definitive guide to Florence’s Last Supper frescoes. (2015)
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious. Approach Guides reveal a destination's essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
Painted onto the walls of monastic dining rooms in the 14th-16th centuries, Florence’s Last Supper frescoes were designed to inspire contemplation on the Christian faith’s greatest mysteries. Still well preserved and quickly toured on any visit to the city, they hold much of their original magic. They are yours to uncover.
What’s in this guidebook
* A tour that goes deeper. Following our tradition of being the most valuable resource for culture-focused travelers, we provide a detailed tour of nine of Florence’s most important Last Supper frescoes executed over a 250-year period by artists Gaddi, Orcagna, Ghirlandaio, Castagno, Perugino, Franciabigio, Sarto and Allori. The tour walks you through the highlights, aided by high-resolution images and a discussion that ties it all together.
* The influence of Leonardo’s Last Supper. We also profile Leonardo da Vinci’s iconic Last Supper fresco in Milan (1496-1498), pointing out how its innovations went on to shape later Florentine representations. Since Leonardo’s work occurs roughly at the midpoint of our timeline of reference, we can assess frescoes before and after its completion, clearly discerning its impact.
* Advice for getting the best cultural experience. To help you plan your visit, this guidebook offers logistical advice and provides links to online resources. Plus, we provide our personal tips for getting the most from your experience while on location.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and images are marked up with text that explains important features.
We hope you enjoy what we believe is a totally unique guide to one of Florence’s magnificent contributions to the world of art.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple's travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com - a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What's hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor's famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times
Approach Guides encompass the whole cultural experience of a place, whether it is Ancient Buddhist Caves in India and China, Islamic Cairo, Ancient Mediterranean Mosaics, or a Guide to the Regional Foods of Italy. Each guide delves into the subject, truly exploring it (and making you want to GO THERE NOW). Perfect for the thinking traveler, Approach Guides are one of the best travel guides I've ever found.
- Wandering Educators
- Category: Europe
- Published: Dec 21, 2016
- Publisher: Www.approachguides.com
- Seller: Approach Guides LLC (Books)
- Print Length: 87 Pages
- Language: English