Let's Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should (Third Edition)
Book 1, Let's Get Publishing
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
*** Updated & Expanded Third Edition! ***
Learn how to publish your work like a pro and start building your audience with the most comprehensive and up-to-date self-publishing guide on the market today. Packed with practical, actionable advice, Let's Get Digital delivers the very latest best practices on publishing your work and finding readers.
· Boost your writing career with marketing strategies that are proven to sell more books.
· Get expert tips on platform building, blogging and social media.
· Discover which approaches are best for selling fiction vs. non-fiction.
· Implement powerful ways to make your ebooks more discoverable.
· Increase your visibility by optimizing keywords and categories.
· Weigh the pros and cons of Kindle Unlimited, and find out exactly how to tweak your promotional plans depending on whether you stay exclusive to Amazon or opt for wider distribution.
And that's just for starters...
Praise for Let's Get Digital:
"Let's Get Digital is a must read for anyone considering self-publishing." -- JA Konrath, bestselling author of Trapped, Origin, and Whiskey Sour.
"Even with my background as an indie writer, I picked up several valuable tips...this is simply the best book about the ebook revolution that I have read." -- Michael Wallace, bestselling author of the Righteous series.
"Credible and comprehensive. I'd recommend it to any writer who is considering self-publishing or anyone interested in the current state of publishing." -- Big Al's Books and Pals - 5 stars.
"It should be THE starting point for anyone considering self-publishing today. This book is a Pixel Pick, and should be considered required reading for any Indie author." -- Pixel of Ink.
PART ONE: HOW TO PUBLISH A BOOK
1. Writing to Market
2. Finding a Proper Editor
3. Covers, Blurbs, Taglines
4. Building Your Book
5. Pricing to Sell
6. Optimizing Metadata--Keywords & Categories
7. Distribution: Wide or Exclusive?
8. Your First Readers
9. Platform Building & Related Terrors
10. Planning for Success
PART TWO: THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION
11. Birth of the Kindle
13. The Lure of Self-Publishing
14. Myths, Shibboleths, Zombie Memes
15. Scammers & Weasels
16. The Age of the Algorithm
17. How the Kindle Store Works
18. Paperbacks, Short Stories. Reviews, Practicalities
19. Starting from Zero
PART THREE: SUCCESS STORIES
The book I wish I would have read two years ago
Reading this book would have saved me lots of time and money. It points out, clearly, what the digital revolution is: not print on demand books, which try to muscle in on the tradition publishers’ turf, but rather DIGITAL books, and the play field leveling books store at Amazon.
LET'S GET DIGITAL is full of useful information of interest to anyone in the publishing business. From insights into how self-publishing became so big to advice on making your own book competitive, this is a worthy read for anybody looking to make a career out of being an author, and especially for those just starting out or struggling to find success.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book.