Let's Play Math: How Families Can Learn Math Together—and Enjoy It
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Yes, Your Kids CAN Do Math Without Tears.
All parents and teachers have one thing in common: we want our children to understand and be able to use math. Written by a veteran homeschooling mom, Let's Play Math offers a wealth of practical, hands-on ideas for exploring math from preschool to high school. Whether you want to balance and enrich a traditional curriculum or launch an off-road mathematical adventure of your own, this book can help your family appreciate and enjoy math.
* How to Understand Math: Introduce your children to the thrill of conquering a challenge. Build deep understanding by thinking, playing, and asking questions like a mathematician.
* Playful Problem Solving: Awaken your children’s minds to the beauty and wonder of mathematics. Discover math you can play, math you can touch, and math that makes you think.
* Math with Living Books: See how mathematical ideas ebb and flow through the centuries with this brief tour through math history. Can your kids solve math puzzles from China, India, or Ancient Egypt?
* Let’s Get Practical: Fit math into your family’s daily life, help your children develop mental math skills, and find out what to try when your child struggles.
* Resources and References: With so many library books and Internet sites, you’ll never run out of playful math to explore.
Denise Gaskins provides a treasure lode of helpful tips for all families, whether your children are homeschooling, unschooling, or attending a traditional classroom. Even if you struggled with math in school, you can help your kids practice mental math skills and ask the kind of questions that encourage deeper thought.
True mathematical thinking involves the same creative reasoning that children use to solve puzzles. Your children will build a stronger foundation of understanding when you approach math as a family game, playing with ideas.
- Category: Education
- Published: Mar 03, 2013
- Publisher: Tabletop Academy Press
- Seller: Smashwords
- Print Length: 276 Pages
- Language: English