Lidia's Favorite Recipes
100 Foolproof Italian Dishes, from Basic Sauces to Irresistible Entrees
Lidia Matticchio Bastianich & Tanya Bastianich Manuali
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
One of the most beloved chefs and authors in America presents her most accessible and affordable cookbook to date, a gathering of more than 100 Italian recipes that have become Lidia's go-to meals for her very own family—the best, the most comforting, and the most delicious dishes in her repertoire.
In Lidia’s Favorite Recipes, you’ll find a fresh take on more than 100 of Lidia’s signature and irresistibly reliable dishes, including:
· Fried Mozzarella Skewers—Spiedini alla Romana
· Escarole and White Bean Soup—Zuppa di Scarola e Cannellini
· Ziti with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage—Ziti con Broccoli Rabe e Salsicce
· Baked Stuffed Shells—Conchiglie Ripiene al Forno
· Eggplant Parmigiana—Melanzane alla Parmigiana
· Savory Seafood Stew—Zuppa di Pesce
· Chicken Cacciatore—Pollo alla Cacciatore
· Veal Ossobuco with Barley Risotto—Ossobuco di Vitello con Risotto d’Orzo
· Cannoli Napoleon—Cannolo a Strati
· Limoncello Tiramisù—Tiramisù al Limoncello
From the classic sauces to the delicious desserts, these recipes have been revised and updated to be more concise and clear, but just as soul-satisfying as ever. With new information about the affordability, seasonality, and nutritional value of the ingredients, this book shows there is no question why these dishes are the easiest and most enjoyable to bring to the family table for your most memorable moments. Beautifully illustrated throughout with full-color photographs, Lidia’s Favorite Recipes will give both new cooks and longtime fans something extraordinary to celebrate.
From Publishers Weekly
© Publishers Weekly
I expected much more from this book. The pictures were so bad. The food did not look like good stuff!
Lidia, i use to love your books but not this one.
Lidia's Favorite Recipe's
As with all Lidia's books, this is a great cookbook! We have been huge fans of Lidia for years and find her recipes outstanding.
I highly recommend this book. I would give it 6 stars if they were available.
- Category: Regional & Ethnic
- Published: Oct 16, 2012
- Publisher: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 240 Pages
- Language: English