London 2012 Olympics: The Kids' Only Guide
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
The Olympic Summer Games are coming -- and you're invited! This guide is your front row ticket to all things Olympic. Be on the ball with the Olympic sports -- from archery to wrestling. Make a splash impressing your friends and family with your knowledge of Olympic info -- from the Torch to the Mascots. Find out:
- Which sport's athletes used to stick the ball in their shorts to get it to the goal.
- Which soccer star got to light the Olympic Torch.
- Which Paralympic athlete is called "the Blade Runner".
- Which Olympic venue is nicknamed "the Pringle".
You can also:
- Test your sports smarts with quizzes.
- Tickle your funny bone with jokes.
- Take the London Quiz to see if you’re ready for tea with The Queen.
With 228 pages of full-color photos and illustrations, all totally jam-packed with interesting facts and figures, this is your chance to get the inside track on the London 2012 Olympic Summer Games. No false starts, no cannonball dives! It's time to clear the hurdles and sail to the finish line first! And, remember, this guide is just for kids, so no peeking, parents! Are you ready, kids? Then there's only one thing left to say...On your mark, get set, let's GO to the Olympics!
- Category: Sports & Recreation
- Published: Jun 07, 2012
- Publisher: Two Kids and a Pup Publishing
- Seller: Shannon Garrison
- Print Length: 228 Pages
- Language: English