This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
The guide for “post-imaging” deployment of macOS High Sierra.
With the introduction of macOS High Sierra Apple and Secure Boot on the iMac Pro has profoundly changed the workflows for installing and deploying macOS on a large scale. In addition new technologies and services like MDM, DEP and VPP need to be configured and used correctly.
This books explains all the different terms, services and technologies and suggests workflows for Administrators to deploy and manage macOS High Sierra in education, business, enterprise and other organizations in this new “post-imaging” world.
Table of contents:
History and Changes
- Imaging is Dead
- New in High Sierra
- Tools and Terminology
macOS Installer Application
- The Install Application in Detail
- Installing the Installer
- External Installer Drives
- Automated Installation
- Booting to Recovery
- Recovery Utilities
- Recovery Command Line Tools
- NetBoot, NetInstall and NetRestore
- Build a NetInstall Set
- Custom NetInstall Workflows
- Strange New World
- Installation with DEP
- Manual Installation
- Sideloading Packages
- Restoring macOS
- Upgrading to High Sierra
What's New in Version 2
- Updated Secure Boot sections to include the 2018 MacBook Pro
- Added a few notes on Recovery and Content Caching changes with 10.13.5
- Restructured and re-wrote the first section of Chapter 5. It is now two sections with some new figures.
- Older macOS Versions: added a link to El Capitan download
- APFS: replaced mentions of ‘Flash’ drives with ‘solid-state storage (SSD)’, added a note of Apple’s APFS plans in macOS Mojave
- corrected the description of non-removable MDM profiles in ‘Avoiding DEP’
Worth a read
This is a great book on a single topic. Important for any Mac administrator.
- Category: System Administration
- Published: May 31, 2018
- Publisher: Scripting OS X
- Seller: Armin Briegel
- Print Length: 91 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 2