Making the Grade with ADD
A Student's Guide to Succeeding in College with Attention Deficit Disorder
Stephanie Moulton Sarkis
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
In college, independence, fun activities, and new friendships abound. But if you have attention deficit disorder (ADD), these new opportunities also present new challenges. To adjust to college life, you'll need to learn to harness your disorder in new ways in order to plan your time effectively, become a successful student, make friends, and take advantage of everything campus life has to offer.
This easy-to-use guide will help you create study habits that work with your ADD in productive and positive ways. You'll learn how to:
• Set up a class schedule with your ADD in mind
• Get along with roommates and establish a comfortable living situation
• Stay focused, take notes, and study when surrounded by distractions
• Get help at your campus health center when you need it
• Make time for socializing and extracurricular activities
Written by a licensed mental health counselor who has ADD herself, this guide will be a valuable resource through your college years and beyond. Visit her the author's web site at www.stephaniesarkis.com.