Maneuvering Your Career
20 Strategies to Prepare You for Voluntary (or Involuntary) Career Transition
James K. Lehman
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Maneuvering Your Career is a success blueprint for today’s working professionals. With virtually no guarantee of a long tenured career, the office can be a scary place. We want to live our lives and go after our dreams, but too often, we work in a dysfunctional environment, for a crazy boss, and we feel trapped.
James Lehman, after working more than twenty jobs in thirty years, knows how to maintain sanity and gain the freedom and respect an employee deserves. Let him teach you how to have the career you want, despite the economy, industry changes, takeovers and mergers, and without waiting for your crazy boss to get fired or retire.
In Maneuvering Your Career, you will learn how to:
• Overcome the old rules and limiting beliefs holding you back
• Own your power and take control of your employment
• Gain the knowledge you need to be confident in your job and work
• Prepare to take the next step in your career
• Determine the right time to make a career move
• Take care of yourself in a volatile work environment
• Be productive and sane, despite your crazy boss
• Get the company to fund your education to advance your career
• Leave on your own terms without burning your bridges
• Enjoy your work and leave it at the office so you can enjoy your life.
Having the freedom to do what you want, for who you want, when you want is powerful. It’s never too late to take charge of your career and maneuver it into being the rewarding experience you deserve.