E. G. Fabricant
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
Matters Familiar is an anthology of short stories, offering 12 tales from inside complex contemporary relationships featuring parents; kids; convicts; hustlers; lawyers; politicians; and other undesirables:
· A small girl, suffocating in the growing culture of fear around her, struggles to take the high ground.
· A recently-divorced father sharing custody of his young son learns about parenting in an unlikely place--Death Row.
· Adrift in his own life and desperate for a belief system, a young man finds direction and purpose from a surprising source.
· Two brothers try to make sense of their lives after their domineering mother's death.
· A girls' softball team rebels and instructs parents and coaches in the value of competition.
· A retired cowgirl and her best friend resort to drugs, kidnapping, and interstate flight to escape the nursing home and reclaim their lives.
· A vignette, after infidelity was declared an Olympic sport. (Sexually explicit)
· An amnesiac accident victim recovers more than his health among strangers in a small Southern town.
· Two boys, one mother; two lives, separated from birth.
· A top-dollar attorney complains about the bill and unwittingly becomes his plumber’s Zen pupil.
· Worried about his sickly nephew’s future, a dutiful mob soldier finds inspiration an ocean and an age away.
· A scandal-plagued politician contemplates suicide, but checks in with his cousin first to sort things out.
Witty, thoughtful, intelligent. Excellent pictures of the human condition.