A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and the Government Bailout Will Make Things Worse
Thomas E. Woods, Jr.
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
If you are fed up with Washington boondoggles, and you like the small-government, politically-incorrect thinking of Ron Paul, then you'll love Tom Woods's Meltdown. In clear, no-nonsense terms, Woods explains what led up to this economic crisis, who's really to blame, and why government bailouts won't work. Woods will reveal:
* Which brave few economists predicted the economic fallout--and why nobody listened
* What really caused the collapse
* Why the Fed--not taxpayers--should have to answer for the current economic crisis
* Why bailouts are band-aids that will only provide temporary relief and ultimately make things worse
* What we should do instead, to put our economy on a healthy path to recovery
With a foreword from Ron Paul, Meltdown is the free-market answer to the Fed-created economic crisis. As the new Obama administration inevitably calls for more regulations, Woods argues that the only way to rebuild our economy is by returning to the fundamentals of capitalism and letting the free market work
I was very disappointed with this book. Quite a few opinion statements based on little or no facts. It was more of a 'slam the administration' type of book instead of informative. I listed to about 3/4 of it, and finally had to give up. There are many other good books on economics within iTunes than this one. I have read 4 or 5 others off of iTunes that do a better job in discussing the housing crisis and following recession. Keep Looking.
- Category: Economics
- Published: Feb 09, 2009
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing
- Seller: The Perseus Books Group, LLC
- Print Length: 194 Pages
- Language: English