Of Mice and Men Deluxe (Enhanced Edition)
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
John Steinbeck’s Nobel Prize–winning tale of commitment, loneliness, hope, and loss—now a Deluxe eBook enhanced with exclusive content, including an interview with James Earl Jones, for the ultimate educational experience.
An intimate portrait of two men who cherish the slim bond between them and the dream they share in a world marred by petty tyranny, misunderstanding, jealousy, and callousness. Clinging to each other in their loneliness and alienation, George and his simple-minded friend Lennie dream, as drifters will, of a place to call their own—a couple of acres and a few pigs, chickens, and rabbits back in Hill Country where land is cheap. But after they come to work on a ranch in the fertile Salinas Valley of California, their hopes, like “the best laid schemes o’mice an’ men,” begin to go awry.
A rarity in American letters, Of Mice and Men achieved remarkable success as a novel, a Broadway play, and two acclaimed films.
Now enhanced with additional content, Of Mice and Men Deluxe allows the reader to delve into one of Steinbeck’s most beloved novels as never before.
Of Mice and Men Deluxe includes the following:
• An introduction and suggested further reading by Susan Shillinglaw, a professor of English at San José State University and Scholar-in-Residence at the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas
• A video slideshow of historic 1930s Dust Bowl images that captures the period of several Steinbeck works by American documentary photographer Dorothea Lange
• The poem “To a Mouse, On Turning Her Up in Her Nest with the Plough, November 1785” by Robert Burns (the original source of Steinbeck’s title Of Mice and Men)
• Stills from the 1992 film adaptation starring Gary Sinise and John Malkovich
• The 1962 Nobel Banquet Speech by John Steinbeck
• An exclusive Q&A with renowned composer and librettist Carlisle Floyd on Of Mice and Men as an American classic opera
• An exclusive audio interview with award-winning actor James Earl Jones on his stage performances in Of Mice and Men
• And much more
When I bought this I was thinking that it had the audio version on the book. When it says amplified version there is only one part in the whole book that has audio and that is an interview.
If you want the book just buy the regular one for cheaper.
I was at first reading this book for a school project and i thought it was just another book. The first couple of chapters were very slow but then the more i read it the more it hooked me to read more. The ending is very sad but all in all a great book
Can't wait to read this!!!!!! can't wait to hear about the puppies