Of Mice and Men: Teacher's Deluxe Edition (Enhanced Edition)
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
John Steinbeck’s tale of commitment, loneliness, hope, and loss—now an eBook enhanced with exclusive content for teachers, students and group discussions, including ten exclusive video clips for classroom discussions tied to questions included in the eBook, and an American Dream assignment.
Nobel Prize-winner John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men remains one of America's most widely read and taught novels. An unlikely pair, George and Lennie, two migrant workers in California during the Great Depression, grasp for their American Dream.
Laborers in California's dusty vegetable fields, they hustle work when they can, living a hand-to-mouth existence. For George and Lennie have a plan: to own an acre of land and a shack they can call their own. When they land jobs on a ranch in the Salinas Valley, the fulfillment of their dream seems to be within their grasp. But even George cannot guard Lennie from the provocations, nor predict the consequences of Lennie's unswerving obedience to the things George taught him.
Of Mice and Men: Teacher’s Edition includes the following:
• An introduction and suggested further reading by Susan Shillinglaw, a professor of English at San Jose State University and Scholar-in-Residence at the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas
• The poem “To a Mouse, On Turning Her Up in Her Nest with the Plough, November 1785” by Robert Burns (the original source of Steinbeck’s title Of Mice and Men)
• The 1962 Nobel Banquet Speech by John Steinbeck
• An exclusive audio interview with award-winning actor James Earl Jones on his stage performances in Of Mice and Men
• ten exclusive videos of students on major themes from the novel tied to group discussion questions included in the eBook, and an American Dream assignment, for the ultimate educational experience
It might seems boring the first time you read it but this is my second time reading it for school and it helps you understand things more clearly in life. I definitely recommend it!!!!
Dude it had more pages than the other one. 😀👍
Of Mice and Men
Terrible book. There are many different English words that would be hard to read and or understand because of how old this book is and how much has changed. Also very boring, had to read it for my English class and it was dreadful.