Number One with an Axe! A Look at the Guitar’s Role in America’s #1 Hits, Volume 4, 1970-74
Book 4, Number One with an AXE!
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
What role has the guitar played in America’s #1 hit songs?
Guitar gadfly/pop historian Michael Rays is back with the fourth volume of his ebook series, “Number One with an AXE!” This book covers the 122 #1 hits of the years 1970-74. It's a golden era for guitars: singer-songwriters, multi-track guitars and wah-wah pedals are everywhere! For each #1 hit, Rays gives:
• The title, artist, date the song reached #1 and number of weeks spent at #1
• Scores of 1-10 in four guitar-centric categories: Riffage, Rhythm, Fills and Solos (a song can score anywhere from 0-40 points)
• Commentary on the song and its guitar parts (plus various other observations)
• A video link to the song when available (which is most of the time)
The ebook ends with compiled lists of the top guitar #1 hits of 1970-74 based on various data gleaned from all the song scores.
"Number One with an AXE!" is a wildly fun slice of music history. It's a MUST for anyone who can't get enough guitar!
Other Books in This Series
- Category: Music
- Published: Nov 27, 2017
- Publisher: Michael Rays
- Seller: Smashwords, Inc.
- Print Length: 42 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: Book 4, Number One with an AXE!