Parenting in a Digital World
A Step-by-Step Guide to Internet Safety
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Parenting in a Digital World is brilliantly organized, easy to follow, and offers screen shots and step-by-step instructions on how to manage the privacy settings on different operating systems and applications. The overview of the most popular apps being used today will be an important eye-opener for many caring adults. Knowledge is power and I am delighted to recommend this empowering book! Together, we can stop crimes against children. Be Brave.
–Erin Runnion, Founder of The Joyful Child Foundation
Digital Safety is a critical skill that mandates up to date knowledge and third party expertise. Clay Cranford brilliantly delivers both as the Safety Cop. Parenting in a Digital World is a must read for every parent and adult that has the privilege of supporting the success of twenty-first century kids.
—Mama Marlaine, Founder Parenting 2.0
"Clay Cranford has done it—provided a handbook to put us, as both parents and educators, one step ahead of our digital teens/tweens. This book provides step by step visuals to help every adult set up privacy settings on every device that is both in our homes and on our teens.”
—Amy Hemphill, Computer Literacy Educator
This book answers the number one question parents of digital kids have today, “How Can I Keep My Child Safe Online?” Parenting in a Digital World is an indispensable guide that should live on the nightstand of every parent raising kids today.
—Diana Graber, Co-Founder, Cyberwise.org and Founder, CyberCivics.com
Parenting in a Digital World is written by Clayton Cranford, the nation's leading law enforcement educator on social media and online safety for children and recipient of the 2015 National Bullying Prevention Award.
This easy step-by-step guide will show parents how to create a safe environment on the Internet, social networking apps, and on their children's favorite game consoles. Parenting in a Digital World will include:
Step-by-step instructions for enabling all of the hidden settings in your computers, mobile devices, and game consoles to make them safe and secure.
- Safety settings on the latest operating systems and game consoles: Windows 8.1, Mac OSX, Apple mobile iOS, Android mobile OS, Xbox 360 & One, and Playstation 4.
- Latest and most popular apps for teens rated: What they do, their problems, and if they are safe for children.
- A guide to bringing sanity back to your child's digital world by showing parents how to successfully limit "screen time" in their homes.
- How to start a conversation about appropriate use of mobile devices and the Internet.
- A copy of the Cyber Safety Cop's Internet & Mobile Device Usage Contract.
- Steps to successfully dealing with a cyberbullying incident.
- Instructions how to block and report abuse on 83 different apps and online games.
Parenting in a Digital World is a truly unique book that offers real solutions to the inherent risks of the Internet, social media, and online games.