Advanced iOS: Volume One
Hacking with Swift - Learn to develop advanced iOS apps by building real-world projects
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
This book contains seven complete projects that teach you some of the most powerful features of iOS, all written with Swift 4.2. You can learn about speech transcription, Siri integration, rich media notification, iMessage apps, and more – all in one book!
What's in the book?
- Project 1: Create a rich media photo album using voice transcription and search functionality.
- Project 2: Build a group scheduling app that integrates with Messages.
- Project 3: Create a ride-sharing app that integrates with SiriKit for voice activation.
- Project 4: Build an iOS lock screen widget that helps language learners memorize new vocabulary.
- Project 5: Create a daily alarm planner using the new UserNotifications framework.
- Project 6: Code your own board game using the new GKMonteCarloStrategist from GameplayKit.
- Project 7: Create a top-down war game using SpriteKit's powerful new node tiling system.
Plus: Five technique projects that deep dive on animations, unit conversion, Core Data, image rendering, and SpriteKit warp geometry.
Please note: Advanced iOS Volume One will not teach you Swift. You should already have completed Hacking with Swift or Pro Swift, or have written your own existing Swift apps.