Practical iOS 10
Learn to develop apps for iOS 10 by building real-world projects
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
iOS 10 is finally here, and I wrote a book designed to teach you all about it using a series of practical projects. The book contains seven complete projects that teach you the new features in iOS 10, all written with Swift 3. You can learn about speech transcription, Siri integration, rich media notification, iMessage apps, and more – all in one book!
What's in the book?
- Project 1: Create a rich media photo album using iOS 10's voice transcription and search functionality.
- Project 2: Build a group scheduling app that integrates with Messages.
- Project 3: Create a ride-sharing app that integrates with SiriKit for voice activation.
- Project 4: Build an iOS 10 lock screen widget that helps language learners memorize new vocabulary.
- Project 5: Create a daily alarm planner using the new UserNotifications framework.
- Project 6: Code your own board game using the new GKMonteCarloStrategist from GameplayKit.
- Project 7: Create a top-down war game using SpriteKit's powerful new node tiling system.
Plus: Five technique projects that deep dive on animations, unit conversion, Core Data, image rendering, and SpriteKit warp geometry – all new features in iOS 10.
Please note: Practical iOS 10 will not teach you Swift. You should already have completed Hacking with Swift or Pro Swift, or have written your own existing Swift apps.