Producing Streaming Video for Multiple Screen Delivery
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Producing Streaming Video for Multiple Screen Delivery is a professional reference for producers seeking to distribute streaming video to the widest possible audience, including computers, smartphones and tablets, and Over the Top (OTT) devices. Written by Jan Ozer, this book delivers the lessons learned from years of producing and consulting on streaming, and serving as a contributing editor to the industry bible, Streaming Media Magazine. In this book, you will learn:
• The fundamentals of video streaming and compression, including adaptive streaming and H.264 encoding, and new technologies like DASH, HTML5 and HEVC.
• How to configure a single group of files to distribute to computers, mobile and OTT devices, and when it’s better to customize files for different target platforms.
• How to most efficiently produce maximum quality video using tools like the Adobe Media Encoder, Apple Compressor, Sorenson Squeeze and Telestream Episode Pro.
• How to choose an enterprise class encoder, with extensive discussions of workflow tools like Telestream Vantage and the ProMedia Workflow System from Harmonic.
• How to choose between setting up your own streaming server or using an online video platform (OVP) and the most relevant questions to ask before choosing an OVP service provider.
• The best technology options for producing a live event, from choosing an encoding tool or 4G delivery platform, to choosing a streaming media server or Live Streaming Service Provider (LSSP) like Livestream or Ustream.
• When to consider using a rich media presentation system like Sonic Foundry MediaSite or MediaPlatform WebCaster and how to choose between the available systems.
• Which producers need to add closed captions to their streaming videos and how to do so.
This book is the successor to Ozer’s highly regarded Video Compression for Flash, Apple Devices and HTML5, which has earned a five-star rating on Amazon and is used as a textbook by many colleges and universities. Published over two years after Video Compression, however, Producing Streaming Video for Multiple Screen Delivery is almost a complete rewrite, and contains links to the dozens of product reviews and video tutorials published and produced by Ozer over the last 24 months.
- Category: Engineering
- Published: Jun 07, 2013
- Publisher: Doceo Publishing
- Seller: Doceo Publishing
- Print Length: 398 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 1.0