Recession-busting Britain: Best Free Experiences
A travel guide to free experiences in England, Scotland and Wales
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times
The ultimate guide to the best free things to do throughout England, Scotland and Wales includes author-recommended reviews and practical information on a wide-range of free options from museums to markets, galleries to guided walks, cathedrals to conversation centres and much more – all the essentials you need to help you explore Britain without spending a penny.
This guide has been created by Lonely Planet’s dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in England, Scotland and Wales, finding the best free experiences and sharing practical and honest advice.
Inside Lonely Planet Recession-busting Britain: best free experiences
- • Hundreds of free things to see and do in Britain
- • Full colour styling and images
- • A brilliant new page layout for fast and hassle-free reading while on the go
- • Free experiences divided by region for ease of use, plus additional lists to suit individual interests such as art, history and family travel
- • Includes London, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, York, Leeds and much much more!
Special eBook enhancements:
- • Comprehensive interlinking – to enable you to seamlessly flip between pages, jump between maps and reviews, or visit the websites of places we recommend
- • Plus pinch and zoom images and maps – enabling you to zoom in for greater detail
- • Search – go straight to what you are looking for with the inbuilt search capability
- • Add notes, bookmark or use the inbuilt dictionary.
Check out Lonely Planet’s iPhone apps including London City Guide and our new series of London Audio Walking Tours.
I love this book..…I love all Lonely Planets books
Great list of free/low cost places to visit for historical background of Great Britain.