Revival 2.0: How the Obama White House Is Making Its Political Comeback
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Revival 2.0 tells the dramatic inside story of how President Obama and his team have regained their footing and learned to fight for their political survival.
Bestselling Obama biographer Richard Wolffe (author of Renegade and Revival) follows President Barack Obama and his inner circle (including Valerie Jarrett, David Plouffe, Hillary Clinton, David Axelrod, and Robert Gibbs), from the Democratic defeat in the 2010 midterm election through their suprising resurgence over the last six months. Drawing on key sources within the West Wing, Revival 2.0 reveals:
· The story behind the personnel shake-ups and reorganization of the administration—from the departure of Rahm Emanuel and Robert Gibbs to the arrival of new figures the likes of Bill Daley and Jay Carney.
· How the White House effectively pushed through their agenda (including the START treaty and repeal of "don't ask, don't tell") with a lame-duck Congress, and positioned itself well in dealing with the new Republican-controlled House over the looming budget battles and a defense of their health care plan.
· The internal debate between Survivalists and Revivalists over the response to the revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya.
· The campaign strategy for the 2012 election as told directly by Obama's top campaign team—David Axelrod and David Plouffe in particular.
· Key insights into the killing of Osama bin Laden, how it’s the crowning achievement of Obama's political turnaround, and solidifies his stature as commander-in-chief in the war on terror.
An up-to-minute guide on how an administration attempts to navigate dangerous political waters, Revival 2.0 is a must-read to understanding how Obama has grown into his role as a president and has found a way to lead effectively.
Whatever this guy is smoking or drinking has seriously distorted his perception of reality. An exceptional piece of fantasy, wishful thinking, or utter delusion. Perhaps this was written before even the base started looking longingly at Hilary Clinton and wondering if there is any way to woo her to the White House in 2012? The Emperor has no clothes and every day the illusion fades ever more. This is a pitiful attempt to make us think we can believe once again in the dreams of 2008 that are crashing in on us harder every day. Obama makes me long for the days of Carter. At least he didn't *promise* what he couldn't deliver or raise my hopes so high. The dream of hope & change is gone and I can't just go back to sleep and hope my dream will return in glory. The dream is dashed beyond hope or change. I can't afford to hope in pretty words any more. I've lost too much already. I have nothing more to lose. Thank you, Mr President, but I can't afford to hope for your change any more.
propaganda for the masses
It is an obvious progressive effort to conceal the truth how vulnerable Obama is.
Exceptional inside account into the Obama White House!