Rjukan & The Heavy Water War
Ian J Brodie
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
The town of Rjukan in the Telemark region of Norway has a remarkable history.
The birth of modern Norwegian tourism, the development of hydroelectric power and artificial fertiliser to feed a growing world population, facilitation of modern-day workers’ rights, nuclear development and the bravery and tenacity of wartime saboteurs.
This enhanced e-guidebook tells the amazing story of Rjukan alongside the filming of the new mini-series The Heavy Water War.
* A foreword by The Heavy Water War Director Per-Olav Sørensen.
* Interactive maps and location directions.
* Touring and attraction information with direct links to websites.
* Exclusive images from the mini-series.
* Extensive full screen slide-shows and panorama images.
* Audio guided walking tours.
* Background information on the stars and film-crew.
* Then & Now Interactive Images.
* Historical notes on the Tinn Kommune.
Join best-selling author Ian Brodie on a fascinating tour of discovery.
What's New in Version 1.3
Update of Rjukan - Notodden as a UNESCO World Heritage site.